Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Mom and Dad's Wall Quilt

I made this quilt for my parents. It is a wall-hanging. I made this in 2003 and gave it to them that Christmas. Here's the poem I wrote that went with it and explains its meaning:

A quilt of memories I now dedicate,
And hereby the following commemorate:

Your three little girls who love you so,
... Three of your homes where God helped you grow,
Special, the dog, always filled with glee,
And Sparkle, the cat, as sweet as can be.

We once had chickens a long time ago,
Who would hang from a banana tree till it fell with a blow.
And over the years Mom lovingly sewed
Purses and pillowcases, costumes and clothes.

The schoolhouse and Bible and kids on the bus
Not only represent what you have taught us--
But they stand for the many, many children you've touched
By sharing your life, your time, and God's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment